Internships At Logan
Logan offers paid, full-time opportunities as both cooperative education and internships. Cooperative education programs typically last 3-6 months during the fall or spring semester. Internships typically last for a three month period during the summer months of May, June, July and August.
Benefits Of The Program
- As an intergral part of the Logan team, you may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities to gain hands-on experience working on challenging projects under some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry
- Competitive salary: Based on experience
- Opportunities to network and work with professionals in your field of study
- Opportunities to develop interpersonal and professional skills in a participative business
- Assistance with locating housing
- Housing allowance
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Material Science
- Informations Systems
- Human Resources
- Full-time student enrolled in a college or university with appropriate major who has at least a sophomore status
- Authorized to work in the U.S. full time and without restriction during your co-op/internship
- Demonstrated professional work ethic, dependable attendance record, and challenge yourself to progressively assume more demanding projects
Hear From Our Interns
"The internship program at Logan Aluminum provided myself with valuable work experience in a manufacturing environment. I was introduced to engineering techniques tailored to the heavy industrial processes associated with melting and casting aluminum. The experiences I had here over several summer breaks solidified the direction I want my career to take. I would encourage anyone to supplement their studies with a great internship program like we have here at Logan. Not only will you gain a practical understanding of engineering, but will also build a foundation of engineering employment that can start your career in the right direction."
Jacob Hopkins - Electrical Engineering
"Logan Aluminum was by far the most relevant and real Engineering experience I have received. My mentor was a highly experienced Engineer who invested his time making sure I was informed and involved. I learned and acquired experience on project management, working with Engineers on other disciplines as well as communication. Their structure promotes self-initiative and opportunity to learn and grow. Logan’s internship includes team building activities where I got to interact with students from across the country. I can’t thank the Logan family enough for the fun experiences filled with learning and growth as an Engineer."
Kelvin Mbugua - Mechanical Engineering
"My summer with Logan was so welcoming and enjoyable, I decided to come back full time! The work environment is similar to a family, and it's comforting to know I work for a company that welcomes and supports my ideas and challenges me to do my best each day. As an intern I helped prepare Logan for expansion projects by helping the environmental team test for our air emissions. I also helped by calibrating a machine that had not been working properly for a few years. I got to learn the daily routine of maintaining the coolant used in our mill to attain peak performance from our Hot Mill."
Gabrielle Maxwell - Chemical Engineering
Gabby Maxwell & Erin Fackler -
What Our Employees Say -
Our Summer Internship Program begins in May! Check with your school to see if Logan Aluminum will be attending Career Fairs in your area!
Want To Join The Logan Aluminum Family
We enjoy an inclusive, open and respectful culture. At Logan, teammates from diverse backgrounds join together toward common goals. Ideas are rewarded and diversity is embraced.Apply Now